Model Release and Consent Form
1. In consideration for promotion, publicity, and for other good and valuable consideration, I grant to DoorDash Inc. and its directors, officers, employees, licensees, contractors, and agents (collectively, the “Company”) the right to use my name, nickname, initials, likeness, image, persona, written statements, signature, oral statements, voice, and other personal information (“My Likeness”) in any form, media, medium, or language, including for the purpose of promoting the Company’s mission on and in websites, social and other media, written materials, and other ways (individually and collectively, the “Company Project”).
2. I understand and agree that:
a. Any materials from the Company Project, including those that bear My Likeness, may be used to take a position with respect to public policy issues and/or decisions. Any materials featuring My Likeness may be used for such purposes, regardless of my views on such specific public policy issues and/or decisions.
b. Any materials from the Company Project, including those that bear My Likeness, may be shown, distributed, and/or disseminated to the general public and that the Company may use My Likeness in any form or format, including, without limitation, a writing, photograph, picture, artistic rendering, film, or video/audio tape.
c. The Company may summarize, reproduce, digitize, modify, alter, adapt, or otherwise make use of My Likeness at the Company’s sole discretion. My Likeness may be used alone or with other materials, such as text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, animation, graphics, and video or audio segments related to the Company Project.
d. This is not an endorsement agreement and I am not expected or required to use or evaluate any Company product. Accordingly, Company is not obligated to provide to me with any of its products for use or evaluation.
e. The Company has the right to create and use summaries, excerpts, clips, and/or stills containing My Likeness and the right to edit and delete the interviews as the Company sees fit, including summarizing, editing, deleting, and/or changing the sequence of events or comments.
f. I do not have any rights, such as trademark rights or copyright rights in the Company Project (apart from intellectual property that I already own). For that intellectual property that I already own, I grant the Company the right to depict and use such property (e.g., trademarks, trade names, service marks, trade dress, logos, copyrights, design rights/patents, etc.) in connection with the Company Project. Any such use or reproduction will not give the Company any ownership rights in my intellectual property. If I receive any print, negative, draft, or other copy of My Likeness related to the Company Project, I will not authorize its use by anyone else.
g. I have no right of approval over the creation, development, manufacture, promotion, distribution, display, or sale of any materials in connection with the Company Project.
h. I will not receive any monetary payment for signing this consent form or the Company’s use of My Likeness.
i. Nothing requires the Company to use My Likeness in connection with the Company Project or otherwise.
3. I release Company from, and neither I nor my assigns or heirs will challenge, sue, or bring any proceeding against the Company for any liability of any kind related to the use of My Likeness in connection with the Company Project.
4. This Model Release and Consent Form shall be governed and construed in accordance with and pursuant to the laws of the State of California without giving any force or effect to the provisions of any choice of law or conflict of laws rules thereof. Any controversy or dispute arising out of or otherwise related to this Model Release and Consent Form shall be tried exclusively, without jury, in the state or federal courts of the State of California, where applicable.
5. To the best of my knowledge, no other person’s, corporation’s, entity’s, group’s, or labor organization’s consent is required to enable the Company to use My Likeness.
6. I am currently at least 18 years of age.
Yes — I have read and understand this form and intend to be legally bound by it. I also understand that I am not obligated in any way to sign this form, and do so voluntarily. I also confirm that I am competent to make decisions relating to my privacy and publicity rights.